Developing High-Performance Pitchers
Long term pitching success begins with the development of an Efficient, Stress-Free, Repeatable Motion.
Healthy velocity gains should be a byproduct of:
- Physical Development
- A Solid Delivery Foundation
- A Carefully Structured Seasonal Throwing Program
While no two pitchers are exactly alike, High-Performance Pitchers share several traits.
Traits of High Performance Pitchers:
- Good BALANCE – control of body and a strong, stable base
- Good RHYTHM and timing through various sequences
- Proper WEIGHT TRANSFER and good rotational forces
- Proper STRIDE with good alignment of feet, shoulders, and arm towards the plate
- A CONSISTENT ARM PATH during the acceleration and deceleration phases
- A LONG ARC OF DECELERATION of the upper torso and arm. The head and shoulders should finish outside a braced stride leg